Australian Institute of Engineering is connected only to reputable Education Agents and regularly monitors the activities of these agents to ensure they maintain the reputation and integrity of the Australian Education System.
Australian Institute of Engineering is not required to have a written agreement with agents who act on behalf of students or parents.
Australian Institute of Engineering will not enter into an agreement with any Education Agent or potential Education Agent if it knows or reasonably suspects the Education Agent to be:
Engaged in, or to have previously been engaged in, dishonest practices, including the deliberate attempt to recruit a student where this clearly conflicts with the obligations of registered providers under Standard 7 (Transfer between registered providers);
Facilitating the enrolment of a student who the education agent believes will not comply with the conditions of his or her student visa
Using Provider Registration and International Students Management System (PRISMS) to create Confirmations of Enrolment for other than bona fide a student; or
Providing immigration advice where not authorised under the Migration Act 1958 to do so.
Any person wishing to enter into an agreement to promote Australian Institute of Engineering must complete following ‘Agent Application Form’.
The completion of this application form does not provide permission or a guarantee that the education agent is able to act on behalf of Australian Institute of Engineering. The application will be reviewed and if successful shall be required to sign an ‘Education Agent Agreement’.
The application form is to be considered by the CEO and notification of the outcome of application shall be provided in writing.
- Any person who is formally engaged by Australian Institute of Engineering to promote the courses with the intention of recruiting students for the college shall be required to be approved by the CEO who shall initiate an ‘Education Agent Agreement’
- All persons approved as an Education Agent shall be required to sign and return the ‘Education Agent Agreement’ prior to undertaking any promoting activities on behalf of Australian Institute of Engineering.
- All agents who are approved by Australian Institute of Engineering and have a signed agreement as an Education Agent shall be paid an agents fee as outlined in their specific agreement.
- The agreement, conditions, and authorisation to promote Australian Institute of Engineering relates to the Education Agent named in the agreement and, any sub-contractors or employees of the Education Agent must be authorised by the college.
- The original signed agent agreement shall be kept in the Education Agents file and the Education Agent shall also receive a copy.
- All education agents that have an agreement with the RTO must be listed on Australian Institute of Engineering website.
Where any practices of the Education Agent are identified as being negligent, careless or incompetent or being engaged in false, misleading or unethical advertising and recruitment practices, including practices that could harm the integrity of Australian education and training, Australian Institute of Engineering immediate action shall be taken .
Where the above practice(s) by an Education Agent is identified, the CEO is responsible for ensuring there is a change of the practices causing concern through counselling the agent or for terminating the agreement. Any counselling or termination of agreements shall be documented within the Education Agent’s file.